Monday, 29 April 2013

Making a rod....

Obviously a jelly roll strip quilt is not enough and what it needs is a pieced back.....

So here's the design process (yes, that is an envelope from the recycling bin):


And this is what it ended up looking like:



And it's quite big (because I didn't want it to take too long/use too much fabric), so the outer star is 40'' across.  Hopefully I've got enough fabric left to finish the back!  The colours don't look quite right on the photo (artificial light again, because I'm impatient) and the big star is actually a lovely rich purple colour, with the background in a black fabric with teal/turquoise swirls.  Both came from the fabric bins at Abakhan, and some of the purple has already been used on the Granny quilt.

No comments:

Post a comment