Wednesday 6 March 2013

Two hours and we're done

So with the Alfa off on a trek to the Servicing man there was no opportunity for biking tonight, and the epic on call weekend meant that I didn't get everything done that I'd planned.

I did manage to get the fabric cut for my latest quick project though - a bucket hat for my Cousin's one year old from this tutorial.  I'd bought some Riley Blake fabric from Emma's Fabric Studio that was so cute, but then I had a panic that the stripy fabric wouldn't work for the hat.

The project had to be finished this week as I'm seeing them all at the weekend, so tonight was the only opportunity (Thursday is swim night). In the end it only took a couple of hours to put the hat together and it wasn't too complicated.  The sewing of the band to the crown was a bit fiddly - a curved bit to a straight bit always tests me, but I think it turned out OK.  The fabric was just standard weight cotton and I put some heavy weight interfacing on one set of fabric, but I think if I did it again I'd put a lighter weight interfacing on both sets.

All in all, I think not bad for a first attempt.... Unfortunately I don't have a cute one year old handy to model it, so the banister will have to do....



No comments:

Post a Comment